With the evening consisting of celebrating the achievements of the region over the past 12 months, as well as presenting the awards for this year’s Goalden Globes, there was most definitely smiles all round as our hard working and dedicated volunteers were rewarded for their time and effort.
- Lynne Booth (Riverside Netball Club) - Coach Award- Grassroots
- Pat Percy (North East Regional Treasurer) - Officials Award- Grassroots
- Jan Adams (Gateshead Netball Club) - Muriel McNally Award
- Liz Wisniewski (Competition Technical Support Group Chair) - Mary Bulloch Administrator Award
- Laura Brady (Riverside Netball Club/ Team Northumbria NTL) - Young Volunteer Award
- Loraine Netherton (Seaton Burn Netball Club) - Unsung Hero Award
- Riverside Netball Club - Outstanding Netball Club
A special mention should also go to former Northumberland Netball Development Officer; Joan Campbell who took home the North East Lily McGurk Award. This is an award that was bought into the region to recognise a group, school, organisation or individual, who has made an outstanding contribution to Netball in the North East over the past 12 months. Joan has dedicated years to netball, and after retiring from her Netball Development Officer post in March 2013, there was no better recipient for the award. Joan will continue to volunteer and has taken on the role of treasurer for Northumberland County Netball association.
After the awards, everyone was treated to a 2 course buffet and a disco to finish off the night! A raffle and prize draw were also held, to inject even more fun and entertainment into the evening, as well as ensuring that the volunteers were treated to a full event in recognition of all that they do.
Our thanks go to all those people who attended the event, as well as those who spent time nominating people for these awards. Our thanks also goes to the individuals who organised the event, as well as Durham Cricket Club for hosting us within their venue. Lastly congratulations to all the winners and to all those who were nominated for awards this year.
If you have any feedback on the event, please do let us know by emailing; firstname.lastname@example.org